Definitions & Help
CVV2 - The CVV2 is a 3- or 4-digit value printed on the card or signature strip, but not encoded on the magnetic stripe.
The number is generated when the card is issued, by hashing the card number and expiration date under a key known only to the issuing bank. Supplying this code in a transaction is intended to verify that the customer has the card in their possession. Knowledge of the code proves that the customer has seen the card, or has seen a record made by somebody who saw the card. To date, no cracks for this system are known.
CVV Type - How CVV is used. 1,2 and 9.
- 1 - Value Provided Note: If CVV2 is submitted then CVV Type will default to 1
- 2 - Value on card is not readable.
- 3 - Data is not available. Note: It is rare that a credit card does not have a CVV2
AddToVault - This feature will add the customer to the vault after a successfull payment/transaction. NOTE: A Customer ID is required.
Gateway Login - Quantum Payment Gateway Login
Payment Type - This is the form of payment. CC or EFT
Restrict Key - Quantum Payment Gateway restriction key used to prevent un-authorized web pages from processing. This key can be set and changed in the Processing Settings
Secure MasterCard - 3d Secure for Mastercard
Transaction Type - This is the type of transaction.
- Gateway standard are: CREDIT,SALES,AUTH_CAPTURE,AUTH_ONLY
- CREDIT - Same as SALES
- SALES - Charges a customers Credit Card regardless of AVS or CVV2 results.
- AUTH_CAPTURE - Charges a customers Credit Card and if approved AVS and CVV2 settings will be used for accepting
- AUTH_ONLY - Do an auth only on a customers credit card. Declines are not based on AVS or CVV2 settings
- RETURN - Return an amount to either a Credit Card or EFT
- DEBIT - Charge a customer bank account - EFT
- Authnet Emulation - AUTH_CAPTURE, AUTH_ONLY, CAPTURE_ONLY, CREDIT, PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE, VOID (These will override the default settings in the Processing Settings)
CREDIT - Return an amount to either a Credit Card
PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE - This transaction is used to request settlement for a transaction that was previously submitted as an AUTH_ONLY.
- AUTH_CAPTURE - Charges a customers Credit Card
- AUTH_ONLY - Do an auth only on a customers credit card.
- CAPTURE_ONLY - This is a request to settle a transaction that was not submitted for authorization through the payment gateway.
- The gateway will accept this transaction if an authorization code is submitted.
- x_auth_code is a required field for CAPTURE_ONLY type transactions
- The transaction is submitted with the ID of the original authorization-only transaction, which needs to be settled. (x_trans_id)
- The original transaction referred to is not already settled or expired or errored.
- VOID - Void a previous transaction. Requires x_trans_id
Verified By Visa - 3d secure for Visa